17 May, 2010  |   6 Comments

Weekendy friendy.

Well, hello!

I think I’ve mentioned it before, we’ve been thinking and working and writing lists.
My old life feels uncomfortable.
James’ old life feels uncomfortable.

We feel a change in the air.
We keep our eyes open for signs and opportunities.
We struggle with questions like,
“What am I here to do?”
“How will we support our family?”
“Should I pursue this next new thing?”

It gets better when we spontaneously decide to go to a friend’s cabin in Guerneville for the night.
We brought the babies,
we experienced our first projectile car vomiting.
We sat around a fire, we watched the little ones run and run.

In the morning, we were served mimosas and amazing lemon-brown-sugar blueberry pancakes.
(The kids ran and ran and ran some more.)

My favorite, nay, most refreshing part of the evening?

Upon arrival, BMay handed us the most delicious drink.

Watermelon Fresca.

Water Melon (Bon Appetit!), originally uploaded by * }-{@

6 thoughts on “Weekendy friendy.

Heather B. says:

Well do remember that we have that antiquing road trip to go on. So you’ll have that. Other than that, I am totally where you are right now but I’ll save that conversation for somewhere not quite public. Cheers!

Alyce says:

I’m sure that as soon as I figure out what I should do with my life, then I will figure out what you should do with yours. I’ll get back to you. 🙂

willo says:

Oy, I am so feeling that same *change is coming* (and much needed)… and all of those questions therein.

Here’s to what the next adventure has in store!

Cathy Richardson says:

Food writer. 🙂 Such as food editor for a magazine or newspaper. But with the internet and social media, I guess that kind of job has changed a lot. You could be like Nigella Lawson! Start out in print, then get your own TV show, and then start designing your own kitchenware, etc.

Jane Gassner says:

You should definitely (don’t you love it when people tell you what you should do) harness your culinary/writing/drawing talents and write a cookbook that would be the 21st century version of Silver Palate. Every time I read your posts–whatever they’re about–you make me feel good and calm and like I can do whatever I want. That’s a priceless persona to be able to get across on your blog and you SHOULD bottle it.

Heather B. I can’t wait for 2012. We should probably rent the truck now, no?

Alyce and Willo – I feel you ladies – change is in the air, it smells good.

Cathy and Jane, THAT SOUNDS RAD. I can’t think of many things I’d rather do in life than get people excited about tasty food. Also, thanks. You’ve also made me feel better.