- RT @tea_austen: This is how I’d like to end my week: Sparkling Pamplemousse cocktails by @kickpleat bit.ly/jPQ7Q6
- That’s Papa’s. http://instagr.am/p/Efy9O/
- Happy last few mealling from Gott’s. http://instagr.am/p/EfxnK/
- Summer non-alcoholic drinks don’t have to be boring cans of soda. Fun, olde-timey drinks here: http://bit.ly/lQE83l
- Vintage coolers are cooler coolers. http://bit.ly/moztyf
- It was fun to “meet” @ellenfork last night! And play with @erelmartin! And hug errant @TipsyMoonshiners! And share bourbon with @Soircey!
- Bocce food theme tonight, boozefood. We’re making strawberries with Sambuca and black pepper and I pray it’s better than it sounds.
- I told you my neighbor was hot. RT @HeartySplash @winesisterhood New Wine Chat TV How to Taste Wine Like a Pro: http://youtu.be/l5Kwrg3rFB8
- I know you already know this, but I’ll just say it, grin. Don’t use the same dishes for meat marinating and serving.
We shall not forget our citronella candles and bug spray for when the sun goes down and mosquitoes come out.
- “@erelmartin: Bourbon. Chocolate. Pecan. Pie. Y’all. #boccefood instagr.am/p/EavVI/” Can’t freaking wait!
- Ooh, @erelmartin this is helpful. I may make the tequila chicken instead. Hm. And @backpedalling no, but consider it Googled.
- This week’s bocce theme is “food with booze in it.” I’m thinking @smittenkitchen’s Chocolate Whiskey and Beer cupcakes. http://bit.ly/Gvohm
- My favorite summer whites? I love the Azur Sauv Blanc http://bit.ly/jM1jEV with a little ice in it. Don’t tell Napa about the ice.
- RT @JenSinger: Kelly Ripa and Tom Collichio are getting us #partyready for unexpected guests. Mine usually wear cleats and have homework.
- Grill tip: Don’t forget to check propane levels or charcoal amount at least 24 hours before guests arrive. No! Fuel-less! Hosts!
- My favorite summer wine? Ros;é. My client’s is pretty good http://bit.ly/iOr5nh
- @HeartySplash Agreed, all weepy in advance! Much love to @mags @maggie @lmayes @elizabeth and especially @hydeparkmom
- RT @TodaysMama RT @seattlemamas Graduation 2011 – Creative Themes http://bit.ly/mmIYEt
- RT @MelissaSummers: When I bring flowers to a party, I bring them in a cheap thrift store vase the hostess can keep.
- @MelissaSummers I agree re: PITA for host to have to stop prepping food and switch to arranging flowers. Your solution – brilliant!
- Martha Stewart’s site has a whole mess of sides for grilling. Thanks internet! http://bit.ly/lQEYSC
- “@SandyCoughlinRE: Apologizing … makes your guests feel uncomfortable. su.pr/9jpyzg fb.me/wSRNR1sC”
- Potluck sides? Avoid piping hot or ice cold sides. Think room temperature like this Fig-Prosciutto pizza http://bit.ly/hjtXxi
- Grilling chicken breasts, chops or steaks? Serve with metal forks and knives. Plastic (literally) won’t cut it.
- Grill tip: Use two different dishes for your meat. One dish to deliver the meat to the grill and one dish to serve the meat.
- This week we’re talking about outdoor parties of the grilling persuasion.
- How a Meal Plan Comes Together
- When the Internet makes you feel bad, my Mom 2.0 Presentation
- Download my meal planning template (And learn how I make a meal plan.)
- Healing from internet-induced jealousy
Some things that I like that I wrote: