Yeah, I know I’ve been silent lately.
I started my fancy pants new real job this week.
Don’t worry, it’s a temporary silence.
We have some parties to talk about.
This week is the FIFTH annual bocce chili cookoff.
My co-host Katie made a sweet graphic for the event.
We’re putting together our favorite tips for years past.
A few years ago I put together some of my favorite tips for hosting a chili cookoff.
1. Have plenty of electricity available.
2. Have plenty of table space available.
3. Come prepared with awards for participants to circle and eagerly anticipate.
4. Have a partner or two to help cover all the bases.
5. Make sure there’s a hard tasting cut off time to allow vote counting.
6. Let guests vote via the bean method.
7. Have a prepared space for guests to label their chili.
8. Designate bringing of bowls, spoons and chili fixins.
9. Find someone with a big voice to announce the winners.
10. Don’t forget to photograph the winners.