1. I know this is a theme this month, but I’ve been saying “no” a lot and it’s making me really, really happy.
2. An April chock full of party ideas. Man, just thinking of the parties we could throw makes me all warm inside.
3. The yellow teeth people on the television from the eighties sport. I think it’s refreshing.
5. Cate Blanchett
Rain, rain, rain. April showers, May flowers. Just when you’re excited to get outside, a gloomycool rain wrecks all your plans. So throw a picnic on the floor instead.
1. Only two weeks until bocce starts.
1. Rabbit rabbit.
2. The thought of Martha Stewart really playing an April Fool’s joke on anyone. Makes me all warm inside.
3. Cookbook club or think tank? A choice of champions, methinks.
4. Coconut shrimp skewers. Sticky, sweet coconut shrimp skewers.
5. Making the impossible possible. Finally becoming a grownup.
So I’m doing my own posting every day in April thing around a parties.
Every day, a new party idea and some hits for execution.
Some I’ve thrown, some I want to throw and some I just think you should throw.
But a photo tagging party?
Sounds awful, right?
Why not share the load?
But I’m pretty sure no one but Kottke has all his photos properly tagged and titled. And you’ve probably been meaning to get to that, but it’s just that you have hair to wash and Moms to call. And this doesn’t only have to be online photo organization, but offline photo organization can work too. Bring your photo albums and loose pictures from that college vacation.
Invitation: Via email, Facebook or Evite. No need for fancy paper invites and stamps. Let the invitees know they’ll either need to bring a computer or those pesky unfilled, untitled photo albums.
Time of week: This could be a good weeknight party. You wouldn’t want this to last more than two or three hours as tedium or drunkenness could wreck your plan.
Preparation: Make sure you have oodles of outlets for the laptops.
Food and drink: One handed food. Panini, appetizers and dips, soup in cups. Keep the food part away from the computer/photo album part. Since this is a weeknight party, offer a fun non-alcoholic beverage that could be punched up (so to speak) with a liquor.
Helen Jane’s Photo Tagging Punch
1 quart lemon sherbert.
1 2 liter bottle of ginger ale.
2 cups of pineapple juice.
1 quart cranberry juice cocktail.
Scoop the lemon sherbert into the punch bowl by spoonfuls, add the ginger ale, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Put out bottles of vodka, Limoncello or Tequilla in case your guests would like to doctor their own punches.